Free Gardening Classes
Emerson Avenue Community Garden Club beginner gardeners welcome! Class space is limited.
Download Gardening Class flyer >
To reserve a seat:
- Send email to Mike Calzada, EACGC President at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use “GreenThumb hopeful" in subject line
Class #1: 1:30 – 3 pm, Sunday, December 10
- Garden Guidelines, soil basics and propagation
Class #2: 3:30 – 5 pm, Sunday, December 17
- Tour garden, facilities, workdays, and water basics
Classes #3 and #4: Scheduled for January Dates
- Dates to be determined by instructor with class.
- Learn about composting, integrated pest management, weeds and invasive plants, seed saving, sharing and sustainability.
About the Instructor
Mike Calzada, UCCE Master Gardener, LA County
Master Gardeners are volunteers from the community who are trained by University of California Cooperative Extension specialists and other qualified instructors, who use research-based information to promote environmentally responsible and sustainable horticultural practices in the home, community and school landscapes.
UC Master Gardener Program Resources
- About the Program: http://celosangeles.ucanr.edu/UC_Master_gardener_Program/
- Check out monthly garden tips
- Helpful garden articles
- Download manual for beginning vegetable gardeners